We are now starting to draft our Neighbourhood Plan. To do this, we are setting up five working groups, one for each of the main themes that have emerged as priorities in our community engagement so far. These are:
- HOUSING AND DESIGN: a neighbourhood that is predominately residential, characterised by a rich variety of architectural styles and increasingly energy-efficient housing for people of all means;
- COMMUNITY: a neighbourhood that has a strong community feel, encompassing a wide mix of social groups, and supported by first-class community services;
- LOCAL CENTRES: a neighbourhood that has thriving local centres and is served by a wide range of independent shops, restaurants, cafes and pubs;
- ENVIRONMENT: a neighbourhood that is leafy with treasured green and open spaces and wide, tree-lined roads, giving a semi-rural or village feel;
- STREETS AND TRANSPORT: a neighbourhood that is well-connected both to neighbouring areas and to central London by excellent public transport, walking and cycling links.