To give everyone involved the same opportunity to meet the design team and discuss the proposals, we are holding a second drop-in exhibition event for local residents:
On Weds 19 June, between 3.30pm and 7pm at St Marys Brookfield church.
Why are we here?
• Our aim is to ensure that everyone has a roof over their head or is on a pathway to achieving this, minimising homelessness and rough sleeping.
• We propose to develop the Council’s portfolio of temporary hostel accommodation so that it better meets the needs of homeless households and supports the longer-term objectives of finding them settled, sustainable housing.
• We will develop new hostels to provide improved accommodation for residents and help us to deliver a sustainable service.
• Instead of paying high rental charges to the private sector to house homeless households, the Council will re-develop some of its own temporary accommodation buildings for homeless families. Bringing the temporary hostel accommodation in-house will enable the council to provide better quality accommodation for those who have a short term housing need and save the council a significant sum in rental charges.
• We will engage with residents affected by this change who live and work close to the Chester Road Hostel as the proposals are further developed, and would like to listen to their views on the Council’s proposal to demolish the existing hostel and replace it with a new one for families.
For further information contact:
Louise Trewavas LLB CIM
Project and Stakeholder Engagement Officer
CIP and Major Projects
London Borough of Camden
5 Pancras Square
London N1C 4AG